Everyday of your high school career counts. Read the tips below for a successful year.
- Show up! Attendance is crucial to high school success. You cannot learn if you are not here.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Complete your work, yes, all of it. Classwork, homework, and studying are equally important.
- Ask questions often. If you don't understand what your teacher is teaching, ask for clarification. It's really that easy but difficult for some students. Your teacher doesn't know how to help if you don't let him or her know you are struggling. If you need help asking for help, see your school counselor.
- Dress out in Healthful Living. Trust us, you don't want to ruin your GPA in this course.
- Get help if needed. Apex High School offers plenty of options for free tutoring. Always start with your teacher.
- Get involved! We have numerous clubs, activities, and sports to help enhance your high school experience. Additionally, extracurricular activities are not limited to Apex High School. We live in a wonderful community with endless options.
- Start exploring post-secondary options. You don't have to know what you want to do after high school, but it's important to begin to think about your interests.
- Challenge yourself and don't compare your academic strengths or weaknesses to your classmates. Do the best you can with what you have.
- Don't fall behind. It's really easy to drop your GPA and very difficult to raise it back up.
- Begin to explore colleges and universities you may be interested in. Check out their admission requirements to ensure that you register for the courses needed and maintain a competitive GPA. Remember, the minimum requirements are just that, minimum.
- Your school counselors want to help you reach your fullest potential so you have plenty of options after high school. We will support you, advocate for you, and talk to you anytime. The most important ingredient is you and your willingness to engage in the process.